MPG offers investors access to a range of Direct Property Investments. Direct Property is the term used to describe real estate investments whether they be commercial,industrial, retail or other classes, which are typically held directly or through collective ownership vehicles such as Unlisted Property Trusts or Syndicates.
Direct Property is something that can be participated in by anyone including : large institutions, hign net worth individuals, superannuation or pension funds and retail ("mum and dad") investors.
Current Open Investment Opportunities
Benefits of Direct Property Investments
- Access to commercial property normally out of reach of the everyday investor.
- Relatively high income that is normally largely tax deferred.
- Relatively known and stable income returns that are not exposed to the volatility of the sharemarket.
- Professional management.
- Potential for capital growth on top of the regular income.
- Tangible nature where you can actually visit the property that you part own.
Features of a Direct Property Investment
- You know what you are buying- the properties are clearly identified and the Manager must disclose how they plan to manage the property.
- Fixed Term - Your investment often has a fixed life of usually between 5-10 years.
- Liquidity - Your funds generally cannot be withdrawn until termination of the investment.
Borrowings - Borrowings are typically 40-65% of the value of the portfolio and these loans are typically limited recourse meaning your liability is limited to the monies that you invest.
What is an Unlisted Property Trust
An Unlisted Property Trust is a collective investment structure which houses the unitised holding of each investors equity interest.
The Trust is governed by a Trust Constitution which is a Deed that contains the rules under it must operate for its Unitholders. The pooled investor funds or Unitholdings are used to purchase a direct property asset with bank debt.
An Unlisted Property Trust differs to a Listed Property Trust in that its Units are not traded on a stock exchange.
- Australia welcomes foreign investment and it is a great place to invest with its stable political environment, strong economy and low national debt.
- Under current Australian Foreign Investment Policy you are generally not required to seek Foreign Investment Board Approval for investment in Australian Commercial Property below $50 million (AUD). Refer www.firb.gov.au for further information.
- In relation to taxation matters, Australia has a double taxation treaty with a number of countries including: USA, UK, China, India and Singapore amongst others which allows a simple 15% withholding tax on the distribution paid to you and you are not required to lodge a tax return in Australia.This makes investment very straightforward. Refer www.ato.gov.au for further information.
- To invest Foreign Investors need to complete the Application Form attached to the Product Disclosure Statement and provide documents to establish identity under Anti Money Laundering requirements. Payment of the investment amount can be arranged by International Money Transfer or PayPal in AUD, USD or Euro.
- We also welcome overseas investors looking to invest under the Significant Investment Visa program (refer subclass 888).
- We confirm that the MPG Property Fund is an eligible investment under this program as per the attached declaration FORM 1413.
- Please consult with your taxation and investment adviser prior to making any investment decision.
Investing in one of MPG's quality property products is easy.
- Step 1 - Download and read a copy of our Product Disclosure Statement ("PDS")
- Step 2 - If you are satisifed that the investment is appropriate for you, complete the Application Form and AMCL Checklist located at the end of the PDS
- Step 3 - Forward the completed Application Form, AMCL Checklist and cheque to us at PO Box 60 Canterbury Vic 3126 Australia